Dubai Internet City (DIC) operates in the Technology and Media Free Zone and is one of the largest information technology parks declared as a free zone by the Dubai Government. Dubai Internet City Free Zone is also the largest ICT (internet, communication, and technology) network in the Middle East and North Africa. Dubai Internet City Free Zone was created in 2000 and is now home to some of the largest multinationals in the world. The DIC was also the first free zone to develop the concept of a business park that also provides accommodation to employees in the IT sector in Dubai. The DIC Free Zone is promoted as the perfect place for foreign investors addressing emerging global markets.
Dubai Internet City (DIC), a forerunner in carrying forward Dubai’s vision of transitioning into a knowledge-based economy, has successfully developed an ecosystem for technology organizations.
Industries benefit from incentives and support from the authorities in the Dubai Internet City Free Zone:
- investors opening IT companies,
- companies in the network and telecommunications industry,
- civil companies,
- consultancy companies,
- property management companies,
- companies in the tourism industry.
The advantages foreign investors benefit from in the Dubai Internet City Free Zone?
- no tax on personal income for 50 years guaranteed by law,
- no tax on the corporate income for 50 years,
- no tax on customs duty,
- full repatriation of capital and profits.
Legal entities inside Dubai Internet City:
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC)
- Branch of a Foreign Company, where the applicant is a foreign registered corporate person
- Branch of a UAE Company, where the applicant is a UAE registered a corporate person