AK Maritime City (RAKMC) was created as a Free Zone by Emiri Decree in Dec 2009, and the Decree also confirmed the boundaries of the new maritime city. The benefits are as diverse as the offerings.
RAK Maritime City free zone combines the best in international port facilities with inherent business advantages for companies seeking cost efficient, secure, transparent and customized business answers with the best in tax benefits.
RAK Maritime City will be zoned into areas for specified use — retail, warehousing, general cargo handling, industrial production and manufacturing, tank storage and shipbuilding or repairs. Each will be able to incorporate companies as both FZE and FZC entities, along with a choice of trading licences, work permits and UAE residence visas.
With significant land expansion available for individual companies, outstanding access to a variety of markets, low operating costs, and complete business support in all your ventures, RAK Maritime City is your maritime gateway into the region.
Benefits of Setting Up a Company in RAK Maritime City
- 100% company ownership
- 100% tax exemption
- 100% foreign investment
- No customs duties and tariff
- Access to high-end infrastructure and communication
- Access to global market
- 100% repatriation of profits and capital
- Flexible policies for hiring a foreigner
- Easy business formation regulations
Types of Licenses in RAK Maritime City
- Commercial License: import, export, sell, distribute, and store items specified on the license.
- General Trading License: Can be obtained under a Commercial License, which allows for more than seven product lines.
- Industrial License: import raw materials for the purpose of manufacturing, processing, and/or assembly of specified products.
Types of Legal Entities in RAK Maritime City
- Free Zone Establishment
- Free Zone Company
- Local Branch
- Foreign Branch