Dubai Industrial City (DIC), also known as Dubai Industrial Park, located near the Jebel Ali International Airport, was founded in 2004 and completed in the year 2015. DIC is stretched over a sprawling area of 560 million sq. ft., which now accommodates more than 200 companies, food & beverage zone, base-metal & transportation zone, warehouses, and an extensive conservation zone along with logistics, education, and other facilities.
DIC is an ideal hub for investors who are targeting global markets. Dubai Industrial City (DIC) is a member of TECOM Investments and is the largest Information and Communications Technology (ICT) hub in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
Advantages of Setting Up a Business in DIC
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- No personal income tax or corporate tax
- Duty-free imports of machinery, equipment and raw material for the production
- Tariff-free access to the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and MENA markets for manufacturers adding 40% value locally, as a result of UAE’s Free Trade Agreement
- Great potential for the industrial sector
- Top-notch and advanced IT infrastructure
- DIC has the world’s largest IP telephonic network
Types of Licenses Available in DIC
A company can opt for any of the following 4 business licenses, according to their business activity:
1. Trading License
Activities like buying /selling of goods, storage, and all other trading activities can be legally carried out by obtaining a trading license.
2. Service License
Firms dealing with services like accounting & auditing, consulting, management, and other professional services should have a service license to operate in DIC.
3. Commercial License
For carrying out any commercial activities in DIC, one needs to have a commercial license.
4. Industrial License
One of the most prominent and commonly opted licenses in Dubai Industrial City is the industrial license, which authorizes the owner to carry out manufacturing activities.