International Humanitarian City is the Middle East’s largest and only non-profit, independent free-zone authority mandated to operate and facilitate the international humanitarian aid.
The free zone offers commercial companies the opportunity to operate from a highly strategic location in a free zone environment that is adapted to their particular industry while benefiting from the attractive incentives and an array of value-added services.
IHC believes that humanitarian operations will benefit from the integration of commercial suppliers of goods and services. By co-locating, nonprofit and commercial entities will be encouraged to share best practices to increase their operational efficiencies and improve institutional learning.
Benefits of Setting up a Business in IHC
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- Strategic geographical location
- 100% free transfer of funds
- 100% exemption of import and export duties
- IHC gives a stockroom complex that includes cold storage for foodstuffs and supplies of medical
- A cosmopolitan and an attractive living environment
- Minimal red tape
Facilities in IHC
- Office space
- Warehouse facilities
- Meeting room
- Business and training facilities
- Dedicated UN building
- Auditorium and cafeteria
What makes the IHC offer unique?
- A community of local and international humanitarian nonprofits and commercial suppliers
- A fully integrated one-stop-shop, with access to procurers, suppliers and business partners and fast multi-modal logistics capabilities
- Office, warehousing and meeting facilities
- A comprehensive set of value-added services
- Increased visibility and networking opportunities
- A platform for humanitarian information and knowledge exchange
- A socially responsible operating environment
- Facilitated access to job seekers, volunteers and CSR endeavours
Entities Operating in IHC
- Economic Development Agencies
- Logistics Services
- Educational Organizations
- Research Centers
- Media Offices
- United Nations Agencies
- Non-Governmental Organizations
How to Set Up a Business in IHC?
Registering with the IHC Free Zone can assist you spread your services and connect many more individuals in need of the kind of humanitarian assistance. The measures taken at the International Humanitarian City Dubai to register your organization are as follows.
1. Check for eligibility to apply for a license
There are two criteria to check your eligibility to apply for the license as set by the International Humanitarian free zone authority:
- It must be a non-governmental, governmental, company or a non-profit organization which is registered and incorporated in the jurisdiction outside or inside the UAE
- It must be a Commercial Company incorporated pursuant to the “International Humanitarian City Commercial Companies Regulations”
2. Fill the application
Any non-governmental, governmental, corporate or non-profit organisation must apply by filling in the application form with all the information and submitting the required documents to the authorities concerned.
3. Lease Agreement
The organization must have a valid lease to set up its company in IHC. Note that sub-leasing and sharing of any property are not permitted.
4. Criteria for the name of the organization
No organization in IHC shall be registered with a name which in the opinion of the authority is undesirableIt must not be identical to the name of an already existing organization in the free zone.
5. Check all the terms and conditions after acquiring the license
- Terms of License
The license is valid for two years from the date of issuance
- Appointment of a Manager
It is mandatory for the organization to appoint a manager who shall be the principal representative and will represent the company in all matters with the authority
- Nationality of the Organization
The Humanitarian Organization and the Commercial Entity (Branch of Commercial Company) shall hold the nationalities of their existing headquarters
- Local Address
The company must have at all times its registered office in the free zone to which all communications and notices may be addressed