Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
Offshore registration in the UAE is relevant if the operations of the company are to be carried out outside the UAE and there is no need for a double taxation treaty. In addition, there are some significant limitations that apply to such firms.
- Conducting business only outside of the UAE, prohibition of cooperation with local companies within the territory of the country, but a possibility to buy shares of local and foreign companies.
- You can set up a UAE offshore company is the following free zones: Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA), Ajman Free Zone and RAK Investment Authority Free Zone (RAKIA).
- UAE offshore company can conduct any activity permitted by the state legislation, apart from insurance and banking.
- Registration of an offshore in the UAE does not provide a residence visa.
- Office rental is prohibited.
- Offshore company Jebel Ali free zone allowed owning real property in the country, but the list of prohibited activities also includes consulting.
For those who want to acquire a residence visa, tax certificate and business in the UAE territory, it would be the best option to open a company in a free zone.
Despite the restrictions, UAE offshore companies are widely used in international trade and deals.