Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone was established in 2000 to promote Dubai as a globally competitive hub for knowledge-based industries and thereby drive Dubai’s sustainable growth by developing and operating free zone business parks dedicated to these industries.
Tecom Investments has created the Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone (DTMFZ) consisting of nine business parks operating as separate entities. The Free Zone Authority of Dubai Technology and Media (DTMFZA) split the free zone into four clusters:
- The media cluster
- The education cluster
- The information and communication (ICT) cluster
- The sciences cluster.
Licenses issued by the Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Authority
– free-zone limited liability companies licenses under the publishing segment,
– licenses under the broadcasting TV and radio segments,
– licenses under the food segment,
– licenses under the storage activity segment,
– licenses under the manufacturing and productivity segment,
– licenses under the higher education provider segment.
Why open a company in Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone?
One of the biggest benefits of establishing a business in Dubai’s Technology and Media Free Zone is the variety of licenses available for company incorporation. In Dubai free zone, investors may set up companies with 100% foreign ownership. No personal or corporate taxes will be applied to Dubai free zone companies for 50 years. Other tax advantages are full repatriation of capital and profits and no customs duties for goods and services.