Masdar City was established in 2006 near Abu Dhabi International Airport, 6 kilometers from Abu Dhabi’s emirate. The term Masdar is an Arabic meaning ‘ The Source, ‘ which is the right term for the location as it is a project of the Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company (a subsidiary of Mubadala Development Company) and is endorsed by the Abu Dhabi government to make area energy-efficient.
Masdar Free Zone is one of the world’s most sustainable urban developments, and the perfect place to start, nurture or expand a business. It is home to a diverse, innovative and ambitious collection of companies, ranging from start-ups, to SMEs and multinationals.
Benefits of Masdar City Freezone
- foreign ownership guaranteed
- lesser import tariffs
- free from business and individual income taxes
- Freedom of repatriation both profits and capital
- Simple and fast registration setup, visa processing and government relations.
- Most attractive, maintainable living and effective business groups in the world.
- Beginning spot into international, local and regional markets.
- Vital collection of regional knowledge and talent.
- Highly profitable office space and licensing.
- Masdar institute partnership with R&B Hub
- 40 minutes from Dubai and near to Abu Dhabi International Airport, Yas island, Khalifa City,
Company set up options
Companies operating in Masdar Free Zone do so in accordance with the Masdar City companies registration regulations. Masdar Free Zone facilitates quick and straightforward incorporation services to businesses, allowing them one of the following legal structure:
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC)
- Branch of a foreign company
- Branch of a locally registered company
Licensing Options in Masdar City
Masdar City also provides companies with a number of licensing options. Depending on the company’s activities and financial plan, one can choose from the following licensing tariff options.
- Renewable Energy
- Clean Tech and Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Marketing and Events
- Human Resource Development
- Energy Industry
- Healthcare Services
- Service Providers
- Property Development Services
- Regional Headquarters, Trading, and Holding Companies
- Business Centre and Data Centers
- Community Services (Retail, Food & Beverage outlets)
- Oil and Gas Services
Setting Up Process in Masdar City
Setting up a business in Masdar City requires planning and decision making through different phases. This involves deciding the business activity and confirming with Masdar City, preparation of comprehensive business plan, choosing legal structure for business, estimating required human work force etc.
The Business Registration or licensing process can be completed only after depositing the minimum capital mandated by the Masdar City in a bank account. A company being formed may have either an individual shareholder or corporate shareholder or both. The incorporation process requires the shareholders to sign the documents in the presence of Masdar City representatives.