DuBiotech, or the Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park is a science park development in the city of Dubai. It has been under construction since the official launch in February 2005 by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the vice-president and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates.
It provides a distinctive business atmosphere with advanced infrastructure, support facilities, free movement of capital, tax-free income and easy access to various markets.The park incorporates tailored facilities that include bio headquarter towers, a nucleotide lab complex and warehousing facilities to support a growing body of research, development, manufacturing, distribution and services. DuBiotech, which is actively building affiliations and alliances with distinguished universities, specialist hospitals and world regulatory bodies, fosters companies including global leaders like Pfizer, Amgen, Merck Serono and Genzyme.
DuBiotech provides numerous opportunities to foreign investors wanting to set up companies there, among which:
– company registration and licensing services,
– leasing and governmental services,
– storage spaces, such as warehouses and land plots,
– office spaces and laboratories.
How to open a company in DuBiotech?
In order to set up a company in Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park, foreign investors are required to submit the following documents:
– an application for company registration,
– a licensing application,
– a business plan,
– copy of the Dubai company manager’s passport,
– copy of the director’s passport,
– the Dubai experts handling the registration procedures documents, if any.
The benefits of establishing a company in DuBiotech:
Among the many benefits when registering a company in Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park, there are:
– full foreign ownership is permitted,
– full repatriation of capital and profits is allowed,
– no taxes on operations,
– customs exemptions.