Ajman Free Zone Authority or AFZA is a strategically situated Free Zone at the entrance of the Arabian Gulf. AFZA was established in the year 1988 and was granted independent status by the ruler of Ajman. It was given the Amiri decree no 3 of 1996 and has been named the sole regulatory agency for the free zone in the Emirate.
WHY SETUP COMPANY IN AJMAN FREE ZONE?
- A foreigner can own a full package of shares of his company without finding a local partner.
- There is no public register of shareholders and directors, which ensures a high level of data confidentiality, including for owners of offshore companies.
- Inexpensive Ajman Free zone visa cost for investors.
- Relatively low cost of the registration procedure.
- Convenient geographical location of the free zone, its proximity to Dubai and Sharjah.
- New convenient for work infrastructure.
- No income taxes.
- For setup company in Ajman Free Zone, you can choose from the following its types:
- Free Zone Entity (a company with 1 founder);
- Free Zone Company (a company with from 2 to 5 founders);
- Branch of a Foreign Company or Branch of a Local Company (a branch of a company established outside the UAE or registered in the UAE, respectively).
Types of business set up in Ajman Free Zone
Ajman Free Zone Authority allows four types of business setups:
1) Ajman Free Zone Entity
2) Ajman Free Zone Company
3) Branch of a Local Company
4) Branch of a Foreign Company
Types of licenses provided:
- Business Licenses.
- E-Commerce Licenses: electronic trading activities.
- Service Licenses: service activities within the free zone such as management, marketing, IT consultancies etc.
- Industrial Licenses
- Offshore Licenses: the company should run its business outside the UAE.