Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) is a healthcare free economic zone situated in the Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. DHCC was launched in 2002 by Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai. DHCC was mandated by the government to meet the demand for high-quality, patient-centered healthcare, and the main aim is to attract tourists to Dubai for medical services and treatments.
It is the region’s largest integrated healthcare Free Zone, made up of two communities: the medical community, occupying 4.1 million square feet consisting of outpatient clinics, hospitals, commercial offices, and retail services, and the planned 19 million square feet wellness community.
Benefits of establishing a business in DHCC:
- Foreign investors are allowed to own 100% and control the company.
- A tax-free environment for new setups
- Negligible Custom duties
- Administrative support from the Dubai Healthcare City Authority.
- Competitive rates for real estate purchases.
- No trade barriers or capital movement
- Skilled workforce
Primary sectors of focus:
- Banking & Brokerage Services
- Wealth Management
- Reinsurance & Captive Insurance
- Islamic Finance
- Ancillary Services
- Capital Markets
Types of licenses for Dubai Healthcare city company formation
- Professional license
- Clinical license
- Commercial license